Friday, July 18, 2014

It's a Small Robotic World

Hello members,I am in Palos Verdes today. While having brunch with Tobore and, low and behold, an older couple approach me because I am wearing my Riverside Robotics Society t-shirt today. They wanted to tell me that their grandson travels from Pallway, CA to go to the meetings at our long beach club meetings. I let them know that it is our "sister"club and an excellent one to be active with. Then we went on to discuss the attributes of Riverside Robotics Society (the builds and contest we hold). After parting I did a quiet evaluation of the conversation and I learned 3 important lessons:  (1) It's a very small world. I am well over 100 miles from Corona and Riverside, yet due to the spur of the moment decision to wear my RRS tshirt this morning, I met a very lovely couple who are so proud of there grandson's involvement robotics (who happens to be associated with our club).(2 )  The t-shirts are an excellent promtional item. This the third time that someone in LA county has asked me about the club. In fact, I have had to establish a rule to NOT wear the shirt when I am with my mother. The last time, someone chose to question me about it when I was trying to have lunch with my mother. They did not realize that my mother is the unrenowned center of the universe and they managed to stike the fires of hell by raising her ire. So: Tshirt, good; timing IMPORTANT!AND(3)  I really need to travel with business cards and club brochures.So, fellow club members, wear those Riverside Robotics Society t-shirts proudly. We hope to see you all at the next event. Be safe, and build robots!Katherine Orho,Secretary & Media Officer

No comments:

Post a Comment